Saturday 26 April 2014

Spizz rocks in Leeds in a sell-out gig supporting the Rezillos!!

Live: Spizz Energi. Brudenell Social Club, Leeds 20-04-14: + View from the Pit Gallery. De

If you look this up you see such a good review you might think the old man wrote it himself but the pictures of the band are excellent and it seems a good time was had by all.

Sorry for the lack of blogs but with Gooner Simon in Thailand, service has been disrupted. So I am going to try and write two blogs. One game I was late and played in trousers, a shirt and socks since I did not have any kit since I was suppose to meet some Catalan pals who were going to the Excel centre to register for the London marathon. I was late and they left without me. So to settle the nerves, I had a quick Chablis in this posh hotel in Victoria. Then, I got chatting to this Argentinian bird. It was a bit unsettling at first since I speak Spanish-Spanish quite badly and the "LL", which is a separate letter in Spanish dictionaries, is pronounced for me like a Y as in cuanto tiempo llevas en Londres. I know it is not an original chat up line but it is best to stick to the old favourites. For Hispano-Americanos the "LL" is often pronounced like a "J" such as "Medejin".
This unsettled me a bit since it took me a bit of time to get on the right wavelength.

I offered to buy the bint a drink and I thought I was going to get away with a bottle of beer. However, Maria induced a near heart attack in me by asking for "spumante". I tried to get away with some cheap Asti Spumante from Italy but the only sparkling the bar had was the house champagne. I said fuck under my breath and went ahead with the £15 transaction.

Anyway, we were getting along famously when I remembered I was married and more importantly I could squeeze in a bit of playing time at the legendary Coram fields. So I left and I mainly played in goal for the blues and evened up the sides since we were a man short. Blades Andy made an incredible block to protect my goal.( I gave him tres San Migueles in the Skinners later). With the original one man advantage the Yellows led by Gashead from defence, they also had the stronger players in Super Mario and Daddy Kavanagh. Mario either seemed to score or hit the post. Anyway we were losing 4-3 when goalie Foreign Office Danny inexplicably threw the ball in the net from a hopeful cross/shot from Blackpool Will. Danny owes me a tenner on our Liverpool bet (I predicted they would get a top four place) while Blackpool Will is an incredible passer of the ball although sometimes he does not score as many goals as he should.

Last Friday's game I missed because the old car was being serviced (??), which was a joke because the Vauxhall dealership is trying to tie me up in paying a lot of cash for faults they found. The only thing I could think of was the old Anglo-Saxon word konta..

Anyway, Gashead told me the game was a bit disrupted by the late arrival of Yev, who made it seven v seven. It was the last game of Stefan, the U.S student, who is going on an European tour (I did try and persuade him not to go to the land of the Kartofel and go to the land of the paella instead). Also, Gashead told me Spizz of www.spizzenergi.com fame missed a load of chances. If any of the players want to contribute their thoughts of the game, where I did not actually play, then I will be delighted to add them to the blog.

I met up with Gashead Simon and Gashead Paul to watch the crucial Wycombe game, which Bristol Rovers won 2-1 and thereby ensuring league status. To say the two Gasheads were relieved is an understatement. The winner was celebrated by a combined ruck of players and fans, who invaded the pitch, which you don't see every day.

On the blog "Spizz Forever", we are averaging 100 to 150 page views a day, which is not bad for a load of rambling rubbish!!! The Guv'nor.

No comments: