Thursday 11 March 2010

Sorry to register a lack of match reports!!

Dear Reader, I am sorry to register a lack of match reports. Nobody seems to want to send them or perhaps the games are too boring to share with you. Anyway, Spizz is
supporting the Glitter Band in April and he has been assured that Gary won't be there. I have to admit that Spizz was excellent when we saw him perform in the 100 Club last year, so there is life in the old dog yet.
As for today I am surprised that it has not been declared a national day of celebration following the elimination of Real Madrid by Lyon from the Champions League last night. My team Man Utd put AC Milan to the sword; well, Wayne did. Even the Gooners cruised through to the next round. I was having recurring nightmares that Ronaldo would line up for his third consecutive European Cup Final at the home ground of Santiago Bernabeu and thankfully this will not happen.
Years ago I was lucky enough to watch Nottingham Forest's rearguard action against Hamburg with Shilton and Burns absolutely amazing. Poor old Kevin Keegan trudged off defeated. That took place in Santiago Bernabeu.

No comments: