Wednesday 14 April 2010

This is Mick K., take on his hattrick last Friday!!

"The first supplied by Evginy - we counter-attacked leaving a two on one - generously squared to demand a composed slot home. The second an exquisite ball from Tone - who held the ball up until I began a ghosted run from the right behind Gashead and co - to recent a "hot knife thru butter" pass from slightly left to feet around the pen spot - when I reversed the ball direction the goal into the left hand corner of the net with a softly weighted instep. The third - on the counter again, the ball wasl played along right which I received around half way line - remaining defence slow to move over as I advanced - drilled a low ball past keeper's feet just as a late forlorn challenge came in to knock me over - but by then the ball was gone! Good gig, wasn't it?"

Mick K.'s team ran out 5-1 winners despite a team change. I saw him at the Spizz gig and he was cock-ha-hoop about the hattrick. However, he could not understand why he did not get to keep the
match ball.

My cousin Al and I really enjoyed the gig at the King's Cross Scala. There was an eclectic audience although quite a few people wore glasses. I thought the Tracy Hunter Band were quite tuneful. We only caught a few songs of the Glitter band but
sandwhiched in between was the great man himself. Seeing Spizz live I get the impression he would be in the entertainment business whatever the decade. He is a real music hall performer!! We got to hear the Spizz classics and he even waved to me and
Mick K. in the audience.

No comments: