Tuesday 23 June 2009

Spizz is on the winning side yet again!! (Corrected)

Spizz has corrected me on this week's blog. He scored four goals rather than three and could have got another one if it had not been chalked off. My only defence in not
reporting the four goal haul was me trying to block out remembering my nightmarish
defending.
I don't know how he did it but Spizz was on the winning side again last Friday. He garnered three goals and the hat trick was mainly achieved by waltzing past me and then calmly shooting past our goalkeeper. We did not have much in the way of defence.
Tone was out of sorts because of the mismatched sides. I don't know why Ian and Gashead did not track back. Obviously, I did not look good trying to mark two people
and I considered bodychecking Spizz to stop him waltzing past me but I don't see the point of fouling people.
Their team also had Stevo and Ross, two strong, quick attackers and while we had Big Dave, this was not enough to keep out the torrent of attacks. We got to 6-3 down
and then they wrapped the game up at 9-3. There was a stage of the game when I kept passing it to Stevo.
This Friday is our last game before our summer break when we reconvene in September.
I hope it is a good one.

No comments: